Friday, May 7, 2010

Copic Creations Challenge-Other Surfaces

When I saw the Copic Creations Challenge last week it peeked my interest and it went to the list of things to think about. One of the things that came to mind was polymer clay, the only thing is unless the item is small it often ends up too heavy for a card. Then the idea came to me to use Paper Clay, so I dug it out and have been playing with it this week. I love it when I get the opportunity to work with an item I haven't played with in a while, especially when I can put a new twist to it. PaperClay can be found generally at Michaels in the School/Kids craft area. If you have some and it has dried out a bit just renew it with some gentle kneading and water.
This is a 6"X6" card, the background paper (one of my all time favs) is Bloom n Grow by "My Mind's Eye". Photo corners by Cuttlebug. Dupioni ribbon with a hand made jeweled and beaded stick pin, the silver charm says "Love".
The leaf was first airbrushed with G0000, then I used Copic Sketch Markers E25, Y35, YG25, YG63 and YG97. I then gave it a couple of light coats of gloss. Happy Friday, Hugs

11 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

That is just gorgeous. The leaf looks so real, as they say, "you rocked this challenge"...

Angelwood said...

That is just gorgeous, Sandy! Wow! hugs, Angela

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my word....I'm getting that giddy feeling from bowing again..... LOVE this, Sandi! What a beautiful work of art!!
hugs!
Sharon

Kris said...

WOW - keep on playin' Sandi - this is gorgeous. Hugs...Kris

~JulieH~ said...

Sandi this isexquisite! Your leaf is so so beautiful. Stunning card!
Hugs
Juliexx

Jeannie Phillips said...

oh this is just beautiful.. I love it..such a wondrful job
hugs
Jeannie

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh cool! You know I think I have some of that paper clay. Now if only I can find it! LOL This looks amazing! xxD

Carole Beath said...

Girl, I tell ya..... there is nothing left untouched in your world of art and design. I love these new paper clay artifacts. I have some somewhere... I used to do a lot of polymer clay stuff and I still have trays of my jelly rolls and patterns. Must dig some out now.
Love your stuff.
Hugs
Carole

1CardCreator said...

One word Sandi WOW! This is beautiful, I love the way the leaf looks, perfect with this card. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Kelly said...

WOW...this is gorgeous! Love the leaf...it looks so REAL!

Heather said...

Gorgeous card, your leaf and colouring is fantastic, it looks almost real!! (Another must have a try for my list lol).
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Copic Creations.
hugs Heather xx