Monday, August 23, 2010

Flamingos of Another Color

Good Morning - Good Morning. It is a Monday so must be BBTB2 Challenge. Our hostess this morning is Melissa, great pick for our challenge Melissa, Thanks. Please visit our Challenge Blog for some outstanding Designs - everyone-out did themselves with this wonderful "Life is a Beach" Flamingo. Our challenge was to use the flamingo cut in anything but the traditional flamingo color of pink. I was soooooo excited when I realized that this could also be submitted to the "Oh Alice" Challenge, definitely one of my favs!
Other than the flamingos, ribbon and hearts this card was done totally with a double sided sheet of "Graphic 45" pp, "Hallowe'en in Wonderland". This is truly one of my favorite papers, it has boosted "Flutter Butter" to number 2 on my list. There is some bling added, the eyes of the flamingo and 3 black gems in the center, bottom. Have a wonderful week. Hugs

18 comments:

Crayola58 said...

Holy COWWWW, I love this. The paper just rocks, the black flamingos are perfect on the setting, the ribbon and corners are just perfect on this card. I love every inch of this.
Hugs
Carole

Jeri said...

Sandi, this is just too cute. What a great take on the challenge.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I have to agree this is a FABULOUS card.. I love how you put the flamingos... what a great card.

DonnaMundinger said...

WooHoo! Perfect paper for those fab flamingos! Seriously ADORABLE! xxD

Sharon Caudle said...

This is one of my favorites! I love this card! The Graphic 45 paper is beautiful and perfect! LOVE the center card. Awesome job on the flamingo!! I love it!
hugs
Sharon

Debbie said...

Wow, what a great job..

Susan said...

Super job on the challenge! I love the Alice paper - and the black flamingos go so well with this paper.
Great work!

xx Susan

Regina Easter said...

hi sandi, i so love your take this week on the challenge....perfect halloween card...hugs

Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Joan Hakkinen

Kelly said...

Great take on the challenge. Not your usual flamingo card...you have one creative mind!

Julia Moss said...

I love your papers...gives it a vintage feel....great job.

**Treefrog** said...

Sandi this is great! Love Alice and Love Graphic 45 what a great combo you achieved, kinda vintage also, I love it!
Froggie ((Hugs)) Theresa

Lynne Phelps said...

Wow, these flamingo cutouts are great, love the symmetry. Wonderful card, and thanks so much for playing along with Oh, Alice!

Heather said...

WOW!!! I totally forgot about the flamingos in Alice in Wonderland. What a fantastic combo. This is so original and so awesome, Sandi!!!

joeygirl86 said...

This looks awesome! I think we did have the same idea of Halloween with our flamingos! Love it..and the papers you used are just perfect! :)

Crayola58 said...

I often come back and look at your creations more than once....and here I am ...back again to see Alice and the Flamingos. This is so fantastic. I could go on.
Hugs
Carole

Beedeebabee said...

I love this, Sandi! Those black flamingos are so perfect on your card. ;) Paulette

Karen Pinsonat said...

Awesome way to make this challenge your own. Great card!