Monday, January 24, 2011

BBTB2 Challenge-Once Upon A Princess

Welcome to BBTB2 Challenge, Lori is our host this week.  This is really a busy card but, they are butterflies and oh how I love them.  Lori asked us to use the "Once Upon A Princess" cart, I do not have that one, so I used 3 different carts, "Indi Art, Gypsy Wandering and Wall Decor", one thing our Cricut carts have in abundance of is butterflies.
For the background paper I took a piece of white card stock and stamped 5 large butterfllies using stamps from, Clear Stamps, Tim Holtz and PSX, using black Memento ink, I then airbrushed in the color using Copics.  I then cut out my butterflies at approx. 2" and colored with the markers.  The black beauties are from the Martha Stewart punch, I accented their wings with gold dots.  The photo corners are EKSuccess. I used an MS boarder punch on the bottom of the tag, and the tag says, "Just a flutterby of hellos and good wishes, may they brush your cheeks with warm kisses." I added a small ribbon with metal flakes to the top of the tag.  Please visit our challenge site and have a Blessed week. Hugs

10 comments:

Carole Beath said...

If ever there was a bountiful beautiful buncha butterflies, this is IT. What a beautiful card, Sandi.
I love the background paper with the butterflies stamped and airbrushed, the little black MS punched butterflies show up wonderfully and oh those big ones are fantastic. Wow.

Debbie said...

The butterflies are magnificent, they look like they just landed on the paper

Great Job!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Holy moly, spicy gaucamole!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! Your coloring techniques and abilities are astounding! I'm afraid you're going to be quite bored at the certification class, my friend. I think you just need to contact her and let her know you'll be up there helping her teach the class. Or she could just take the day off. LOL! You're amazing!!
hugs, Sharon

DonnaMundinger said...

Breathtaking!!!! LOVE the background paper you created. That was gonna be my frst question. LOL Now I've got to look up those stamps! WOW! Love, love, LOVE this! xxD

1CardCreator said...

I love those butterflies Sandi, the colors are gorgeous too. ~Diane

Terri said...

All those beautiful butterflies reminded me of the Butterfly Effect - a rememberance cause. You can read about it here:
http://twodressesstudio.blogspot.com/2010/08/butterfly-effect-open-is-calling-you.html
Terri

Maria said...

Love that airbrushing and your colors :-)
Maria

~JulieH~ said...

Oh my Sandi what an amazingly beautiful creation! The colours, design, everything and all created by you! Wow wow Wow I love this!
Hugs
Juliexx

A Little Time said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!! This is just so beautiful! It needs to be framed and hung on a wall. You are just soooo creative!

Lori1brat said...

WOW - this is absolutely gorgeous. What an elegant card, Sandi. You used so many techniques on this card - you need to enter this into a contest for a magazine somewhere... TRULY beautiful !