Monday, May 16, 2011

The Frog

So this gave me serious giggles yesterday.  First I would like to say that who ever is marketing director for JoAnn's is part genius.  Check out is set up as a long line of bins with lower priced items and candy, so as you are waiting you are looking and then you look again and then before you get to checkout you are $5.00 lighter cause you found several things that peeked your interest.  That is the way of this frog, I wish I had taken a before picture but to be perfect honest I did not think it would work.  The frog is balsam wood and the eyes, etc. were pre-drawn to him.  So I took my Copic markers (beware it is a little rough on the tips) and went to work.  I thought it would bleed horribly but it did not.  It comes in 2 pieces, the frog and the bottom stabilizer. Who would have thunk?  Now for the rest of the story.  This is for my sister, she is under a lot of stress right now and I have been teaching her a tip I perfected in my 40/40 which is being the observer and not getting involved in all the stuff around you.  So I wanted to send her something that would remind her frequently of it.  Speaking of giggles did you know that Jesus and Holy Spirit have a sense of humor?  They do, I asked them to help me with a verse that would make her smile, yet remind her.  So the card says, "If you get down in the trenches with them - you are going to get dirty."
This is the back of the frog and the card says, "But if you observe, you stay clean and are Blessed with Peace. The clouds and coloring on the card were also done with the Copic markers. Hope everyone has a great week. Hugs

6 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Now this is darling. Not that I am fond of frogs, that is....
Carole

Jeanie Callaghan said...

This is just wonderful! How serindipitous for you all!

~JulieH~ said...

Ah Sandi what a great litle gift for your sister and your sentiment made me smile soo true!
Hugs
Juliexx

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Sandi.. she is going to love it... and yes Jesus definitely has a sense of humor... hugs

Sharon said...

This is fantastic!! Our Lord and Savior has an awesome sense of humor!! :)

DonnaMundinger said...

I can't believe you colored that froggy with Copics! How cool! He's adorable, and you're gonna have to teach me that cloud technique. Sooo beautiful! xxD