Monday, January 25, 2010

Haiku Tuesday - A Dedication


Welcome to Haiku Tuesday, this is a special one. Some of you know I have a soft spot in my heart for teachers. On my first Haiku Tuesday one of our bloggers commented that she had done a Haiku project with her 4/5th graders, when I read it I knew I wanted to know more so I emailed Sandy and asked her if I could feature 3 of her students for one of The Haiku Tuesdays.
So today is THE day! This is dedicated to all the teachers!

These 3 students used the traditional Japanese way of mentioning a season in their Haikus. They were chosen by their classmates to be the 3 featured today. I think they did a great job. So please, please leave these talented students a comment today for they are so deserving. Also I am posting the link to the school blog where you may view all the Class Haiku.

Ana-

Spring
New grass is growing
New pink flowers are blooming
Spring is the best time

Daughlas-

Fall
Fall is nice and cool.
In fall leaves come down from trees.
Fall is exciting.

Jonathan -

Fall
Fall is so so fun
I like to play fall soccer
Leaves fall off in fall

The card is 6"X6", the blocks are 2"X2" and the illumined letters are "blossom" font by QK. All coloring was done with Copics Markers and Copic Airbrush System. The photo corners are also QK.

And Sandy, thanks for making this a special Haiku Tuesday, please everyone take a look at Sandy's wonderful detail. Hope everyone has a Happy Haiku Tuesday, Hugs

8 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Sandi, thank you for sharing the talent of these bright young people with us. The Haiku written by Ana, Daughlas, and Jonathan are beautiful, as is your Haiku card. Take care, ~Diane

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sandy and Sandi for Haiku Tuesday. I believe Haiku was the first type of poetry I learned about and combining poetry with art and teaching - wonderful! Congratulations to Ana, Daughlas, and Jonathan for being chosen to share your work...good job!:-)

Sandy said...

Sandi...I am setting at work with my eyes and my heart both so full. Thank you, thank you, thank you! As I opened the post and read your card and saw the beauty there the emotions began. You are such a blessing to all of us. I cannot wait until 11:00 when we will be able to share this with our students. It is so exciting to see this come to life for them!!
Big Hugs...Sandy

Kelly said...

You are amazing Sandi. Such a beautiful person, inside and out!

Sharon Caudle said...

Sandi, thank you so much for sharing your talent with the rest of us, and then so lovingly featuring the fabulous Haiku from Ana, Daughlas, and Jonathan! Excellent work!! What a wonderful post to read this morning!

Michele said...

This is so awesome. Kids, you did wonderful with your haiku!

Julie Ranae said...

What a nice thing to share with all of us. There is a lot of creativity built in to young people. It's up to all of us to help them use it.

Brenda said...

awww what an awesome thing to do for Sandy and her kids!!!
hugs
Brenda