Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Africa - Wild Exotic

Morning, another digi I did for the Art Journal Carvan at Scrapbook Grapics.  All elements and papers are from Tangie Baxter except for the primitive swirls in the background.  Since I have all my stuff out I decided to see if I could do a Gelli pull, I do not have the Gelli Plate so I used my extra thick embossing mat for my big shot.  Effy Wild did a tutorial on using dry wax paper (deli paper) and I had some on hand so decided to do my pulls on that and it worked.  I don't have time to really play with it, but at some point will cause it is fun.  I am posting the pull I used for this digi below.

So here is the pull, in PhotoShop6 I layered this over my background and took the tranparency down to a little under 75% and made it a little smaller than the background paper.  I used my brayer to apply some old Making Memory paint I had and did a pretty thin layer, then I drew the symbols in with my palette knife. I got 2 pulls from the plate.

Hugs

1 comment:

DonnaMundinger said...

Everything you said was pretty much Greek to me, but I can see the cool layering on your background. Love the stylized figure, too. xxD