Friday, January 27, 2012

Valentine Bear



Okay, I am really lovin this little Valentine Bear.  It is really easy to come together, once you get it down.
So here we go!
I used the Spellbinder's Grand Ovals, #3 and 4 aprrox dimensions are #4-7" and #3-6", cut #4 on a heavier card stock, then on your score it board or ruler and stylus find the center, then score on each side 1/16th inch. fold scored areas with a bone folder and set aside.  With #3 cut with your inside paper, it can be a thinner paper.  Cut in half.  Take your 1/16" ribbon and turn your #4 oval to the inside, lay a very small line of adhesive between your scored lines, lay your ribbon (about 20") you can trim according to your desires later, center inside the card and press down, let dry.  Now for the inside panels, I ink the edges and then on the bottom piece I print my desired words and adhere, then ink the edges for the top and adhere.
The Bear is from my "Imagination" "Santa's Village", I cut it out in layers at 2", I only use the head and the left leg-pad.  I do trim it further and then ink lavishly with jumbo java "Dew Drop".  I have changed the neck ribbon, it is the Martha Stewart ribbon punch, colorized with the Copics.  The heart is about 1" from a Marvy punch. Because I centered the ribbon, I put the bear a little to the right side of the card. Using a few adhesive lifters, I attach the head, right leg and heart.  The font is Accent Dotwritter. When using the Imagine cuts don't forget to put a little white in eye, otherwise it looks rather dead. This fits easily into an A2 envelope.  Hugs

3 comments:

cheryl said...

oh just love this sandi really gorgeous work Hun hugs cherylxx

DonnaMundinger said...

OK, you're making me want to figure out my Imagine. Can't believe I've ignored it this long. sooo cute! xxD

Carole Beath said...

I think you have won Donna over to the Imagine ... poor Machine, so terribly ignored. This is just a darling darling card. ... teddy bears and hearts are perfect for Valentine Day wishes.
Hugs
Carole