Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Valentine

This was a real stinker to photograph.  This is another in my "Alphabet Series" and will be given to my son and his wife for Valentines Day.  Size is 5"X7", the background paper is "Bo Bunny" and looks much paler than it actually is.  I had another background paper scheduled but this was sitting on my table and I really wanted that butterfly in the upper right to be part of the design.  The font is "Blossom" by QK and was cut from heavy card stock and a book page and then colorized with Copic and the air brush as were the photo corners.  The ovals are Spellbinders and the embossed top oval was embossed with a sizzix folder.  "Cherish" was handwritten onto a "StampinUp" tab and is actually recessed but you cannot tell from the photo.  The butterfly is "Martha Stewart" it hand painted with Copics, then stamped and a layer of glaze was then applied.  Inside it says, "C" is for Cherish. And I do cherish both of you.  Hugs

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love it! Im so glad you are creating again! :) You are such an inspiration! xoxoxo

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Nice card! Fun details!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous Valentine! The butterfly is fabulous! xxD