Friday, June 15, 2012

Pause

Happy Friday, is your bbq ready for July 4th?  Cause it is next on the calendar, lol.  I have been doing a lot of my own embellishments lately, it gives me an added challenge and moves me closer to my dreams.  The butterfly is one of my line drawings, I colored with copics, then scanned in and printed it out, I used 2 on this card, one a tiny bit bigger (the one underneath) to give it dimension and then popped it a little.  The frame is from "Storybook" Cricut cart, I used small gold brads in the holes. The sentiment tile is a "Stampinup" punch. The background papers are also mine.  The flower was cut from fabric with the "Spellbinders" Blossom 1 die and then instead of rolled I gathered it with thread as in a yoyo flower, added a button and beads.  The leaf was handcut and colored with copics.  Inside the card says, "...for the moment, because, oh how they do flutter-by."


Scanning in your images also gives you the option of getting a nice finished inside to the card, most printers will allow you to flip or mirror your image for printing, usually listed under printing preferences under the advanced options.

Have a great weekend, keep cool and most of all enjoy, cause these moments are fleeting. Hugs

5 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Color color color.... I spy the most glorious colors on this delightful card. Oh how I love that butterfly.
Hugs
Carole

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Beautiful card Sandi. That butterfly is gorgeous. And i love the sentiment, so true.. What kind if printer do you have? I am looking to get a new one soon, my is on it's last legs.. Hugs

cheryl said...

oh this is really beautiful Hun just love the colours and that butterfly is just beautiful hugs Cheryl xxxxx

DonnaMundinger said...

I love each and every element, here Sandi! Your butterfly is fabulous and the colors and sentiment...WOW! xxD

Linda said...

This is just gorgeous -- love the colors and the butterfly!! Oh, love the flower too, and that you made it from fabric -- it is perfect on your card!!