Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Project - Final Color for Covers

Close Up of the Final Color

The final color is done and I am very happy with it.  There is some technique to this but there is also a certain luck of the draw and I was definitely lucky with this pull of colors.  This card will have movement and pop, so on to the hows.


 I used Dylusion Ink Spray for the final process of color and 91percent rubbing alcohol.  There is Bubble Gum Pink, Pure Sunshine, and Crushed Orange.  If you have not played with these sprays, this is INTENSE color, a little goes a long way.
The masking tape this time provided my boundries for the color, I was not concerned with the paper warping, it is a very fast drying medium and you are not going directly to the paper, spraying the colors in places within the boundries.  When the colors are sprayed then a layer of alcohol is sprayed over the entire surface which gets all those colors dancing.  Then it is time to lay the sheet ontop of the colors and press firmly over the entire sheet.




Also notice that I did not pull out the wrinkles in the plastic, I wanted those to be part of the rythum and movement on the paper.


 
 This is the first sheet pulled, there was still plenty of color after the pull, so I spritzed it one more time with the alcohol.
This is the 2nd pull, yeah, the covers have their color.  You will probably be doing this in a much smaller scale, when I do this with my card stock, I let it dry for about an hour and then I scan it in, I do not usually use the original as my card background. 

Happy Halloween, hope all your tricks are few and your treats many, hugs


6 comments:

Loopylou. said...

hiyah sandi!
oh this is a fab way to get that effect, thank you so much for sharing how you d it hun and it looks so pretty too. The colours remind me of sunset
huge hugs Lou xxx

Tine said...

A fabulous effect, Sandi. Love the bright colours.
Tine :)

doodlingdebbie said...

Sandi, you chose the most beautiful colors. I applaud you for all you are doing and have done. xxx- Debbie

Christy said...

Absolutely stunning Sandi! This card is going to be truly gorgeous! Xoxoxo

1CardCreator said...

Colors are gorgeous, this is really going to be special!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

WOW again Sandi.. this is gorgeous.. hugs