Monday, August 26, 2013

Three Wise Men

Happy Monday everyone.  I have a Christmas card today.  The elements have been sitting on my table for a while waiting for me to do a gelli pull for the background.  Fate interceded a little though, yesterday morning as I was greeting the sun rise, our sky was awash with color and some clouds, it was a magic sunrise and ran in and got my camera.  As I was fussing with some other things my mind kept going to the photo, so I printed it out.  I do take quite a few sky shots and my photos never turn out as I see it in real life, the light does its own thing and so does the camera picking it up.  As I looked at the photo, I kept seeing buttes and so I started sketching and coloring in with my copic markers, all of a sudden I had my background for the trees and star.  One of my favorite Christmas stories is the "Birth of Christ", it has always played a part in my Christmas since I was a child and these three trees solitary in the desert reminded me of the story.
Elements were created using the Silhouette Cameo and PS6, colors are Copic markers.

No comments: