Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Thinking of You

After I do my line drawings and decide it will work as an element, I take it to my Cameo and set it up and cut, I will cut three or four so that I have the option to do different color techniques.  I don't always color immediately after I cut them out, sometimes they will sit on my table for a week or more before I get to them. The cornflower was for a specific project so I colored it quickly and the spares were sitting on my table and this card came together.  I like just the line drawn flowers on the chevron background, bringing my color out in the bee, ribbon and little word block.  The chevrons and little fly lines under the bee give this card a sense of energy and movement, so the lack of color in the cornflowers work.

Here is the same card with photo corners added, the subtle difference is that instead of the background having rounded corners they are now squared off with the addition.  I also wanted directional photocorners so that the word "love" was in the correct reading position top and bottom.  I used a piece of index card, distressed with Tim Holtz distress inks, wrote "love" and then cut with the cameo.  I know, I know I have this thing for photo corners.  So here we are smack dab in the middle of the week, hope yours is progressing well, hugs.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Oh this is great just love the design hugs cheryl xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Fab card, Sandie!! I'm really loving those cornflowers! Love the first card you made with them too! Beautiful!
hugs, Sharon