Thursday, July 30, 2015

Sleep in a Bag

 Oh my goodness just the title to this makes me giggle, "Sleep In a Bag" don't we wish.  I don't usually share my core beliefs, I mean really, sometimes they change, Yah, even core beliefs change sometimes.  Right now I am in a huge change process anyway, but this one I have had since I was just a kid and I know it to be true.  If I don't get my 8 hours of sleep, I am no good to anyone especially myself.  So let me tell you, a great interrupter of sleep is divorce, "Should of, could of, would of".  The more I speak to friends and neighbors the more I am hearing that some of their issues involve sleep disruption.  So here is what I do and if it helps you - I am so glad I have denied my tendency not to share my core beliefs.  I found an organic frankincense and lavender spray by zummist, I spray this 2 or 3 mists before retiring, but maybe the most important is I give myself and my inner goddess permission to sleep through the night, a healing, restoring sleep and that I will wake refreshed and inspired throughout the new day.  It has been working remarkably well.  A friend and neighbor is going through chemo after breast cancer surgery, so I wanted a goddess worthy package to deliver some of my favorite spray. Here is how the bag came together.  I am committed lately to use what is on hand if at all possible, this is a brown grocery bag they put small stuff in to protect.  about 12"X6",  I took a piece from the classified ads and sprayed it with "Tintit" by Design Masters "Pinkolicous", then cut out a section to fit the bag, with a sketch pen and ink drew in the ribbon, scanned it into my computer, printed it out and just hand cut the ribbon, scanned in and set it up as an element in "Design Studio" for my Silhouette.  Set it to size for the bag and a little smaller for the card and cut them out, applied the cut out element over the ribbon on the printed background. I painted the "Z" for sleep with a brush and also turned it into an element. Used some existing zentangled photocorners and added a small clothes pin with an "S", my friends initial to secure the bag.
 This is the card done with the smaller bow and "Z"s for the card.
This is a close-up of the small clothes pin with the S intial, kinda cool cause it could be for "sleep" also.

FOR SILHOUETTE USERS:

So here is a little FYI, I have not seen this done, but doesn't mean anything, I have so little time to create and almost no time to catch up on new stuff.  Did you know you can clean up your cuts with the eraser on the Silhouette? I enlarge my element after I have traced and detached, move it to the side off the white background, enlarge and then take the smalled eraser possible and clean the zagged lines, wow, it works.

Long post, hope it gives some help, relief and Bless your Goddess within! Hugs

No comments: