Wednesday, April 6, 2016

You're Great

 This was a fun and unexpected card.  My roommate has been doing spring cleaning in the backyard the last couple of weeks,  A sprinkler head had to be changed and I was sitting on the patio talking with him as he was working away.  He pulls out a bag with these rods that have threads and spacers and I ask what they are, "they are risers for the sprinkler head" he says, he is working away seeing a working sprinkler and I am seeing a new stamp, rofl.  So I beg the remaining rod when he cuts off the amount he needs.

I took the rod, commandeered one of his carpentry pencils (it fit perfectly) and put through the middle of the rod, then took some ink and liberally applied to the spacer.

I then rolled over a piece of 8 1/2"X11" paper, scanned it in and made a block for my A2 card.  I love the grid it created.  I then created a new stamp with my "Mint" stamp maker for the word block on the right.  Added some elements and a fun unexpected card.  You just never know what will inspire.  Happy Hump Day, hugs

1 comment:

Carole Beath said...

Ingenious mind, that is what you have. An Artist mind that travels over the most unnoticed item that can be transported into something so unique. This card hits that level. WOW...
Love the pattern the tool made, and that bright pink sideline hits the spot.
Hugs
Carole