I am one happy camper with the Ranger Ink "Rock Candy" Distress Crackle. This was one of Tim's techniques for Day 8. This stuff is amazing. The above is a finished butterfly, below is a short progression of the project.
This is a large Ellison Butterfly Die, approx meas. are from widest width wing tip to wing tip top is 5 1/4" and from wing tip to wing tip top to bottom is approx. 3 1/2", I cut it from heavy white card stock and chipboard and adhered. Then I cover with a medium coat of the "Rock Candy" and let it dry on its own. I then used the Distress Stains, "Wild Honey, Vintage Photo, Spun Sugar and Green Shutters. Since I did not have any blue in the stain, I airbrushed with the blue with Copics, OH WOW! I then applied another coat of "Rock Candy" and let it dry.
blurry close up of wing tip.
Then when second coat of Rock Candy was dry, I stamped with black archival and an old Stampin Santa Rosa Butterfly Stamp. The top pic shows the addition of the beaded atennae. I now have some new ideas, LOL. Have a fantastic Wednesday, Hugs