Wednesday, May 23, 2012

From my studio to you

Happy Wednesday, we have a gorgeous one going up here, cool cool temps and gorgeous morning light.  Why do I have a bottle of "Tacky Glue" upside down on my blog this AM?  So, what do you do when you have a large bottle of adhesive and you are down to a quarter full?  You turn it upside down, slap the bottom, shake, shake, shake, and that is the state my bottle of adhesive is at, I have been using a little flower pot to set it in but the pot falls over or I forget and then I have to go through the entire process again, so I thought about it a lot on Monday, cause I was crazy working on a project and Monday night I thought of a doll stand.  So yesterday I was out and ran into Jo-Ann's and purchased a 7 1/2" doll stand, a couple of bucks, but oh boy am I excited because it works just like I envisioned.  To make the deal even sweeter Jo-Ann's had sizziz dies and texture fade folders on sale for 50% off, well can't pass on that one.  So I am a happy camper this morning with new toys and just a small window to play, so I am off. 

This is the side view of the doll stand glue holder, have a great hump day, hugs
Just a little post script here, when I have finished my design and am ready to adhere my project, I take a piece of scrap card stock and squeeze adhesive to the cardstock and then with a toothpick or other tool with apply the adhesive to my embellishments, with the new stand all I have to do is squeeze the bottle and let the pool of adhesive hit the plate stand and then when finished just wipe off any unused adhesive, COOL.

9 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG! You are a GENIUS!!!! What a fantabulous idea!! Thanks for sharing! Now I'm off to look at your gorgeous creations I've been missing since it's been so long since I've visited!!!
big hugs, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Sharon took the words right out of my mouth, but I think it bears repeating. YOU are a GENIUS!!!!! I've been propping mine up all over the place and they are always falling over. You've made my day! TFS Stephanie

Loopylou. said...

Ha! sandi you are just so clever hun!! this is a totally awesome idea!! my little bottle of fine tip glue hangs upside down on an elastic band on a hook and that works great..until I need to fill it up with the big bottle ..where I slap,shake...for 10 mins before it comes out!! thank you so much for sharing!
huge hugs Lou xx

1CardCreator said...

Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing.

Carole Beath said...

You ARE a genius...and we love your sharing all of the techniques and new ideas that you have.

Sandi said...

aww come on guys it's just a doll stand, lol, I love ya all! Hugs

Anonymous said...

LOL sounds like a great shopping day! What a great idea, I am going to Joanne's and getting myself a doll stand. Thanks for the tip! hugs, Angela

DonnaMundinger said...

OOh, I've got some of those! Great idea! xxD

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You are so clever ... Hugs