Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Everyone

 To my Design Sisters and all of you fantastic Mom's, I wish you a day of acknowledged appreciation, with warm hugs and much fun.  This is what I did with the fun paint stick from yesterday.  First I printed out the scanned close up of the paint stick and printed it out to create the background block.  I adhered a magnet to the back, so now it will be a mini message board for my refrigerator, to shout out proclamations, wish good days and to just be fun!  The block with the message has repositionable tape on the back so it can be removed and replaced with another happy message. The blocks were cut with Spellbinder's dies, all colors by Ranger Inks and Copic.  Butterflies from Martha Stewart punch.  I used a Tim Holtz note holder to hold the blocks on top by drilling a tiny hole in the top and using tacky glue to secure it. Misc. ribbon and the glittered rose is from Spellbinder's "Blossom 1" die.
Pic of the entire stick, my refrig is black (and would not produce a good pic) so I had to mount it to our front door to get a decent shot.

close up
Have a great Sunday, Hugs

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Love what you've done with the stick :) Very pretty creation!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a cute idea Sandi..

Vicky said...

This is totally awesome sweetie love the colours!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Anonymous said...

This turned out gorgeous. A simple stick...who knew!

DonnaMundinger said...

Honestly, does your mind never rest? another totally fun and original ides! Hope your Mother's Day was fab! xxD