Thursday, November 22, 2012

May there always be some gold in your storm clouds

I decided to do two posts today, cause after today it is back to the grind stone big time, I have so much still left to do.  One of the top things on my wish list is a Wacom Bamboo Create Tablet, but before that happens I decided I really needed to bone up on my PhotoShop skills.  I use it almost everyday, but just for fluff stuff, nothing that entails any real knowledge of the software.  I did take a 6mo. class but it has either evaporated from the gray matter or is filed so deeply, I have not been able to retrieve, lol.  So while I work away, during break time I have been playing with layers, brushes are next.
This little card was done with layers in Photoshop, I first created the background paper using the rgb index for color and then scanning the colored card stock in with a piece of batting, then printed it out and took it to photoshop.  There I added the Unicorn from Dawn Inskips "Ministry of Magic" and the gold nuggets are from "Grazioso" by Rosy Posy both from Scrapbook Graphics.  The tag is from the Silhouette Library and the 3d bow is by Lori Whitlock also Silhouette Library.  Photo corners are EKSuccess.
Hugs

4 comments:

Loopylou. said...

oh that's just gorgeous Sandi, I love the little unicorn.
huge hugs Lou xxx

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I don't have a clue what you are trying to learn, but can't wait to see what you are learning. This is awesome, love love that unicorn. The background is beautiful..happy Thanksgiving to you my friend.. Hugs

Bonnie said...

Hi Sandi! Just popping in to wish you a happy Thanksgiving, hope you enjoy your day. Sweet card as always!

DonnaMundinger said...

Awww, cute! I never have figured out the photoshop thing. So many things to learn, so little time. xxD