Wednesday, May 15, 2013

big stamps for your gelli plate

So now that I have the hang of my gelli plate I am experimenting, all those little "what ifs" that occur as I am doing a pull.  Regular stamps are fun, but what if you had an 8X10 stamp for your 8X10 gelli plate?  

here is my 8X10 stamp, I used an old Cricut mat for my base, just used the grid lines to cut it to size.  Then I took fun foam and cut the piece at top by hand and then ran the fun foam through my big shot with Memory Box dies, the bird cage and branches.  The stick right to the cricut base.  I loaded my gelli plate and then with a brayer went over my "BIG" stamp with white paint and stamped that into the gelli plate and did my pull.  When finished just rinse the whole stamp under running water and blot dry with a paper towel, do not rub the paper towel over the foam it will lift it.  So now I have to go dig 4 years worth of old Cricut mats I have stashed somewhere, LOL, hugs

2 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Very cool Sandi! ~Diane

DonnaMundinger said...

What a fab idea, Sandi! You're always thinkin'. Great recycling tip for sure. I used mine for fussy cutting with a craft knife. xxD