Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Some 2015 Reflections for my 2016 year

This is an Art Journal Pocket I did for a challenge over at Tangie Baxter and Co.  Had some fun with Ranger Distress Inks, IntenseInk Pencils, Micro Pens and white acrylic.  Last year around summer I came across the word Emoji, since I don't interact much on social media I did some research and found out it is a Japanese word loosely translated meaning "picture".  So I decided I wanted a 2016 Emoji to go with me on my travels through 2016.  I decided on a worker bee as 2016 will require some hard work from me.  The bee has its head down and eyes are focused on the task at hand and I will probably share him often this year,  He was drawn with a micro 1. pen and Intense Ink pencils, some white ink and a calligraphy pen, then scanned it in and turned into an element with my Silhouette Cameo..  The stamp on the first card was done using a drawing and my Silhouette Mint,  Through out I used some thoughts from my jounalling in 2015.  It now hangs on the wall behind my computer so I can reflect on what I did last year.

No comments: