Saturday, February 15, 2014

Who in the world is Alexander Woollcott?

My card today features a quote by Alexander Woollcott, "There's no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day."  Oh our special days, the ones we wait for, cannot go to sleep the night before them, we wake up to the air crackling with expectations and excitement and when they are over, we sit in wonder and say "that was the best day of my life", we tuck these days away in our heart and sometimes call the memories up to sooth or share. But what about those days we struggle and fear we will not be able to trudge through, we fall short or worse don't even try to keep up, those are the days filled with lessons, the days that solidify the challenge to do better or climb higher, are these not maybe the most important days?  I think better I will write this quote on my heart, so that I remember there are no unimportant days, no one better or worse than the other, each day is a reason to participate in a journey to understand and love the world I live in, to find at least one rose to pluck out even if the day is filled with stink weed.
Alexander Woollcott, American Journalist and critic, New York City, 1887-1943, a member of the Algonquin Round Table ( I have a thing for early 1900 social clubs) another favorite is Studio "219",  Alfred Stieglitz, husband to Georgia O'Keeffe and promoter of some of the greatest "Impressionists and Post Impressionists", he was an artist in his own right with some 2,500+ photographs to his credit.
The background for card is a piece of "ticking" scanned and printed.  Chunky photo corners, a fun bow from hemming tape, and a heart.  I had some play with the quote as I continue my word art obsession.  All colors are Copic markers and some airbrushing.  Have a grand weekend, one day at a time, hugs

No comments: