Sunday, June 28, 2015

Fresh

Our neighbor did some harvesting this weekend and we got some!  In our salad last night fresh cucumber, tomatoes, zucchini and onion, truly is nothing like fresh veggies straight from the garden.

I was fascinated with the root ball on the onion so went to work on it,  I even created a new tool in order to do my blending with the baby wipes and Inktense pencils.  I took a "fantastix" it is a pointed dry blender, I tore a strip from a baby wipe and wrapped it tightly around the tip, then stuck an upholstery pin into the stick to hold the baby wipe in place, it worked well.  If I have a chance today I will take a picture of the tool.  I used 3 layers of Inktense pencilson this, then turned it into an element with my Silhouette.  Photo corners were zentangled and frame around the onion done with a .05 micron pen.

We have had a much needed and appreciated reprieve from triple digits this week but Monday go back to them, whew it is hard staying cool and getting anything done when it is so hot.  Hope all is well out there, hugs

1 comment:

Carole Beath said...

Once again your card is fabby with your adventures in using unique tools. Baby wipes?.... WOW.
The blended colors on the onion are fabulous.
Hugs