Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Dobby was a good Elf

This last weekend, I watched the last two Harry Potter Movies "Deathly Hallows".  This series captured my imagination from the first words and I have read and watched all of them with anticipation and wonder.  My son was around 10 when the first one was released and watching Harry age and mature has been magical. Dobby was one of my favorites as with everyone.  As I watched the scene where he dies I could not help but wonder, did Rowling cry when she killed him off?  I don't know that I could have done it.
So as with all things that completely capture my imagination, Dobby has continued to be on my mind and I decided to do an Elf Stocking in tribute to this favorite character.  The stocking was hand drawn, then colored with Copics, I used some of my snowflakes and the banner was computer generated using Accent Dot font.  Rest in peace Dobby.  May all your House Elf's be Dobbies., Hugs

3 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Oh how I love your story and your celebration of life for Dobby. RIP Dobby.
Hugs
Carole

Jayne said...

Hi Sandi, love your stocking and I loved Dobby too!!
Hugs
Jayne x

DonnaMundinger said...

I havn't seen that last Harry Potter one. Oh, poor Dobby! love his tribute stocking, though. xxD