Monday, December 30, 2013

stamp made with punches


I love word blocks and tags but sometimes get bored with them, as I was deciding how to do my thanks on this card I was also going through some scraps and tucked between some were some of my fun foam sheets, so I took them out and placed them at the end of my table.  Then I had the idea to do a fun foam stamp for my word block.  I took my "StampingUp" punch and punched it into the foam, then took a standard hand star punch and punched stars over the top of the word bar.  I ran a strip of double sided adhesive on the back and attached it to an acrylic block.  Then used Tim Holtz "Wild Honey" and "Peacock Feather" distress inks to ink it up and stamped.  I used a micron .005 pen to do the double border and thanks and then added some faux gems.

Here is the stamp, did not even take 5mins to do this.

Hope everyone has a fine Monday as we slide into 2014, another year, another opportunity to get it right, and more days to love love love what you are doing, hugs

1 comment:

Carole Beath said...

Oh my, this is sooooo cute. Love it.
Hugs
Carole