Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Colors in use

 As soon as I saw this standup box in the Silhouette Library "Brochure or photo holder" #14450 by Lori Whitlock, I knew I wanted it and what I wanted it for.  If I am in my studio, at some point I am using my Copic Markers.  Sometimes I have more than one project I am working on and a pile of Copics and if I am not paying close attention, I will forget what color I have used, I try to keep them in neat separated piles but sometime in my enthusiasm to get a little more working space they will get combined and scattered, lol.  So this is perfect, I am going to make 2 more, as I don't usually work on more than 3 projects at one time.  The holder will hold 12 markers easily.  This box was first colored in with Copic "Currant" R-56 and then airbrushed with same.  The front label was done with a "Stampin Up" crayola colored in with "Tuscan Orange" YR-27 and "Maize" Y-35.  I designed the ladybug in Silhouette Designer 2.5.8d.  This was cut from 8 1/2" X 11" chipboard and my blade settings were speed 5, thickness 33, blade 5. I might increase my blade to 6 as I had a couple of places where it stuck in the corners.  It cut smoothly and I detected no pulling or slowing down and the load was smooth.  Yeah!  This is the chipboard I have always used and am so excited that it will work with the Silhouette.  At some point I will do one on the 12X12 setting and make it bigger.
This is a blurry bad semi side shot, sorry, but shows that the box does hold 12 markers.
Happy Tuesday, hugs

5 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You are always thinking outside the box Sandi... you are so creative.. i hope this works out perfect for you. i am lucky to have one project going. lol. hugs

cheryl said...

oh this is brilliant Hun just love what you have done here hugs Cherylxxxxx

Kelly said...

What an awesome way to organize your Copics. Love how you decorated the box.

Shawna said...

Great idea! I can see a little tag with the name of the project on it. . . . just to make it possibly easier to know which box to choose when one hasn't been back to a project for a bit.

1CardCreator said...

Great idea that looks gorgeous!