Thursday, August 16, 2012

I will get no awards this year for best friend!

Morning, I know I say this almost every week, but seriously, Thursday?  That would make tomorrow Friday!  Well I hope all of you have a marvelous Thursday.  I cherish my friendships, friends are little treasures you pick up on your path through life and some stick and some don't but no matter from each one, you make up little pieces of yourself, they make you look at things a different way and a good friend demands you be honest, so friends in a way help develope your character.  I have been blessed with some of the best, honest, what better gift in life could you ask than that?  So, one of those friends has a birthday on the 19th, I am busy getting some pressies together that I have been creating, and I normally take her to lunch, so I gave her a call to remind her and sweetheart that she is, she says, "Okay, oh boy, but honey, my birthday is in July".  Holy Moly, I have been cloistered in my studio with my new best friend the Silhouette, shying away from summer heat and my friend did not hear from me.  I just hate it when I do that!  So I tossed the intended birthday card and did another one, hopefully that will make her laugh.

This is a 6X6 card and other than the black and white background paper by Basic Grey it is entirely Silhouette driven.  I especially love the little calendar tag, so much can be done with that, and I love the black and white polka dots.  As you can see I have positioned the hand between July and August, and the question mark shows I did not have a clue this year, lol.  The clock hand by the way does not come with the calendar tag.  The birthday greeting paper is also a Silhouette background pattern. 

Stay cool, hugs

7 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG! Been there, done that. Fortunately, good friends laugh it off and forgive . Adorable card. xxD

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh bless your heart! LOL! I think we've ALL been there, Sandi! There just isn't enough time in the day, and it escapes us before we realize it! I'm SURE she understands. LOVE your card! And I KNOW you're lovin' your Silhouette cause I know how much I love mine. :) Your card is fantastic and she's going to adore it. Have a wonderful day my friend!
hugs, Sharon

Tine said...

LOL, yep, I reckon we have all had moments similar to that one! Lovely card and I am sure your friend is a good enough friend to see the funny side & forgive your absent-mindedness & will love her card even if a month late.
Tine (Addie24)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

ROFL-oh Sandi, I am sure the two of you had a good laugh over this.. I have 2 friends with birthdays coming up in Sept and Nov.. I am definitely going to check and make sure though. Love the card, so want to get into playing with mine. Are you still using your Cricut machines? I so love my cricut machines (and have so many cartridges) that I am afraid I won't use them when i start learning the silhouette. Hugs sandy

Jayne said...

Love your card Sandi.I am sure your friend knows you well and knows you wouldn't intentionally miss her birthday.
Jayne x

Ceci V. said...

What a cute card! I love it, TFS.

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that too. In fact 2 times this year. I tried to give them both a birthday a month early!
She'll love her card.