Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Know Your Dragon

 Morning, I am so glad I woke up this morning, lol, last night I was afraid to go to sleep, my brain had so much new stuff crammed in there, I was afraid it was either going to explode or just crash and I would not have any of it when and if I did wake.  But, I did wake up and I think I have most of it in tact.  I accomplished the last 2 things that "I had to know" before I relaxed and just did my thing.  1.  I had to know and see that it would print and cut a digi stamp.  2.  I had to know and see if it would cut a stamped image, I know, I know they are pretty much the same, but.........  So, it did, it did, it did.  I don't know if you have thought about it, maybe not, but this means that the stamp you wished was a little larger or a little smaller, no problem.  This expands the usage of my stamps bigger than I ever imagined. I am never going to have to hand cut a digi or stamped image again, might have to do a little trim here and there, but fine with me, I am soooooo excited.
The card, the card is a 6"X6", the red background is mine and the dragon roost was done by me, I then took it to the Silhouette and penned it out and then I did it all in gray so it would look like a black and white comic book page.  The grays were done with Copic Markers and the Copic Airbrush System.  That precious dragon is from Christy at "Tiddly Inks", it is new and from her "Fairy Tale" series, when I saw it I was in LOVE and captured it immediately.  He was done all with Copic Markers, then cut out with the Silhouette, omg.  Photo corners are from EKSuccess (two sets).
This is a side view cause since I do not have to hand cut he is poped from the card.

This is the inside, so when I was finished with the outside I wanted the inside to be pretty too, so I took the dragon, made him smaller and cut him out, again, with the Silhouette and used him on a sentiment block, done with the pen.


The "Tiddly Inks" Challenge this week is to use one of your favorite "Tiddly Ink" images any way you want, so I am entering this into the challenge. 

This is a stamped image made a little smaller and cut, the stamped image is on the right. The stamped image is from Graphic 45 "Hampton House". 



Hope you have a great day, hugs

13 comments:

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

Love this!

1CardCreator said...

So cool Sandi!

Loopylou. said...

oh sandi hun this card just looks absolutely stunning!
thank you so much for sharing it with the tiddly inkers too
huge hugs Lou xxx

Evil Edna said...

beautiful, well put together piece and I want to stroke and tickle the dragon which could be dangerous.EE

Kelly said...

LOL...Sandi you are so funny! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card and if the Silhouette can cut out stamped images I have got to get one!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You are amazing Sandi, nothing stops you.. This is awesome
Hugs

Carole Beath said...

Can one be in love with a dragon?...cuz I am...in love with THIS dragon. It is the ca-utest dragon I've ever seen... I love his face, his colors.... this is an awesome card.
Carole

Unknown said...

I love your card, your coloring is amazing!

Anonymous said...

SANDI! That is MARVELOUS! I had no idea the Silhouette could cut stamped images! NO IDEA! And I OWN ONE! I'm so out of the loop, I feel I'll never get caught up :(
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your dragon card! The colors are fantastic on the B&W background.

~JulieH~ said...

Sandi I have been checking out all your posts using the Cameo, I have been looking at this machine too and downloaded the silhouette software a while ago to have a play and must say it seems so user friendly to use. Seeing all your wonderful projects I know I need this machine so need to start saving my pennies! Thanks for all your fabulous inspiration.
Hugs
Juliexx

Lou Mac said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the colours you chose to colour him up - he looks so handsome!!

Thanks for joining us over at Tiddly Inks for our 'Your Favourite Image' challenge. Good luck.

xo, Lou Mac.

Unknown said...

Sandi, this card is amazing!! I LOVE the way you have coloured him, he looks perfect!! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!! Xx

Unknown said...

This is simply fabulous! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Tiddly Inks!