Monday, October 28, 2013

Simply Pears

This morning as I was cleaning some in the kitchen after my coffee, my eye was caught by 3 pears I have in a basket on the counter.  I love the shape of pears and the rhym of them together, as if they are nodding and bending in greeting to each other. I grabbed my "Inktense" pencils, my fingers and imagination setting in those luscious yellows, greens and blushes and then my common sense told me that I do not have time to play with color today, so next week maybe.  I took a photo of them, turned them into elements with my Cameo and did a fab damask fill from a Silhouette Library background.  There are also some blanks waiting for color on my table.  The word "Thanksgiving" is also from the SL, added some lining to the letters with a 005 micron pen.  I distressed the pears with Tim Holtz "Brushed Sage" and added some ribbon to my black back ground and tied some raffia on the center pear.  I have so much to be Thankful for this week, hope you do also, hugs

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Beautiful card and artwork Sandi.
Thanks for your kind wishes. We were lucky with the storm.
Hugs
Jayne x