Thursday, December 6, 2012

All 'bout cake

I have to admit, even though I have been here and posted some, I have not been here, lol.  Before I share about my card, I have something to say.  I have a whole new appreciation and admiration for digi designers. When I first made that decision to go on board with the Cameo, I did tons of research and one thing that just blew me away was how digi had grown, I knew about digi stamps, digi paper, but there is a world out there that just amazed me, the digi kits are wonders.  A kit comes with (approx.) 6-8 12"x12" design papers, 20-40 elements based around a theme, a coordinating alphabet, and then misc. other wonders.  There has not been a day since I got the Cameo that I have not visited a digi web site, I have studied and purchased so that I could take it all apart in my brain.  And still I had no idea what it takes to put one of these kits together, until the last week or so and this one is sooo minuscule it is ridiculous.

The kit for this card  has taken me over a week to complete.  I am rather proud of it, as it is my very first completely me card, nothing about it was designed or done by someone else.  First I did the background.  Then I designed the cake element using photoshop and the Cameo, cut it out, took my Copic markers to it, then scanned it into the computer and then back to the Cameo to create a print n cut.  The 3 alpha letters nearly did me in, but I did finally get them, also colored with Copics and finally the word blk..  Did I mention it takes a typical designer about a week to complete a kit, LOL, sure hope I can pick up my speed.  So this is where my heart and soul has been.  Hope everyone is having a good week. Hugs

8 comments:

Christy said...

Beautiful Sandi! I love the way it turned out! You are rockin the PS! ((Hugs))

Carole Beath said...

You rock.... I was just about to say aloud to myself "That Sandi, she has found herself in the digi world"...and there it was...already said by YOU.
Hugs
Carole

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Sandi this awesome ...hugs

krafting kelly said...

Awesome, Sandi! There's no turning back from designing now... :)

Loopylou. said...

Sandi this is just deliciously gorgeous hun. I love reading about your creative growth with your new cutter and I can tell you are loving it with all these fabulous cards you keep making.
huge hugs Lou xxx

DonnaMundinger said...

Brilliant, my friend! Far worth the effort. amazing work. I'd be on the bottle by now. LOL xxD

Kelly said...

AWESOME!You have come a long way in a short amount of time with your Cameo. I'm still on the fence about getting one, I'm not sure I will be able to utilize it the way you have.

Migdalia said...

Such a pretty card!Great job!