Thursday, December 13, 2012

Forgiveness

I got my heart dented yesterday, there is nothing I can do about it, it is just one of those things that has to be let go.  I fell asleep, I guess before I had completely let it go and so it woke me up 5hrs. later, gnawing and painful.  A couple of times I willed myself back to sleep but then gave up the ghost and got up.  So one of the things I do when I am mulling over something is meditate, the phrase for my journal page came from the meditation, "forgiveness is the love we give our self when there is no one else to give it", such a rush of peace and power came from that, I thought I was done, fixed a cup of coffee, powered up the computer and looked at my list of things I wanted to accomplish today.

On that list was to check out a digital product "ArtRage", it was recommended by one of the wonderful members of the Silhouette Plus Forum, she suggested I download the demo in preparation for the Bamboo Create Tablet.  So I googled, found and started reading, yeah right, and what kind of learning curve does this have?  But, then I did not want to dismiss something that looked this cool, so I down loaded the demo.  OMG, it is straight forward, organized (I am sure by a genius) and simple to use, so I played and I played and made a cloud background paper.  Now please remember this is the first attempt, it is not perfect and the tools must be worked with to get the finesse down, so I will definitely be playing some more.  When I printed the background out, I just knew I had to do a journal page.  I used some of my favorites on this, the pinwheel is from "Wedding Sketchbook" by Julia Makotinsky, Scrapbook Grapics, the bee is from the Beatrix Potter series - Silhouette Library, how, how could I not include my favorite Lori Whitlock 3DBow, also Silhouette Library.  I used some washi tape at the top and the oval was created with the Cameo, it says, "A perfect moment can be as simple as this", with a giggle, added the bumble bee often referred to as an avionic miracle. Added some doodle and a star punch from a Martha Stewart punch and my journaling, which says, "only I have the power to let something go, that power heals the mind, heals the soul, and sets the spirit free", and that's all I have to say about that.  Have a great Thursday, hugs

9 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Sorry you got dinged up but you found an incredibly beautiful way to deal with it. hugs, eileen

1CardCreator said...

Sorry to hear you were hurt, I love your quote though, what a beautiful way to bring yourself around! Take care, hugs. ~Diane

Christy said...

Beautiful page Sandi! Love you! ((Hugs))

Bonnie said...

Hugs :)

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Hope all is well with you. So sorry for what you're going through. I love your page and glad you found some outlet to help the pain a bit. Big hugs!

Melody
(from the Sil Plus Forum)

Melissa Mastandrea said...

Sandi your page is beautiful! I wish I could pour all of my emotions onto a page and just be done with them. LOL! Too bad life isn't that easy :)

Loopylou. said...

:( oh hunny, I am so sad to read this :( sending you huge hugs from me and mo and I am glad you worked in your journal to feel better.
more huge hugs Lou xxxx

Carole Beath said...

I am so sorry your heart was dinged. We get those things now and then and you have a wonderfully healing way to deal with them when they slam our very souls. I loved your cards. Many hugs.
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

Isn't it magical how art can heal? Beautiful page, Sweetie and that new program looks divine. xxD