Friday, December 14, 2012

Birthday wishes

 Friday? It's Friday? It's Dec. 14?  There is some serious time shifting going on in my world, lol.  I think it is all the new stuff coming into my studio, getting used to the change in how I do things, it sure does rattle things up.  But in a good way.  I have some January Birthdays heading this way and some ideas on my list to try out and so this morning I tried them, liked them and am sharing them with you.  First the background was done in "ArtRage", I used the water color brush, printed it out and then did some distressing with Tim Holtz dies, "milled rose" and "Victorian rose".  I know that the "ArtRage" might not be for everyone but it is one cool piece of software and the 30day demo is free, so if this tweeks your imagination go check it out. The altered paper clip was one of the ideas on my list, I pulled the end out, added 3 seed beads and then curled the end with my jewelry pliers, clipped it to my background and then mounted the background to my card blank.  You do get a little divot but it is worth the accent I think,  I then took some kitchen string and made a bow and untwirled the ends.  My other idea was to use white out tape on black card stock, then with my Copic Multiliner wrote birthday and did some doodles, I attached a page marker to the back and wrote wishes, it makes a cute sentiment block.  That awesome "owl" is from Dawn Inskip's "Ministry of Magic" kit at Scrapbook Graphics.  The leaves were cut from a "Memory Box" tree die onto kraft card stock and its' a wrap, one down 5 to go.  I have posted below the supplies I used for my new ideas.
Have a great day and fab pre-holiday weekend. Hugs

7 comments:

Loopylou. said...

he he he he! oh sandi he is the cutest owl, I love his droopy I'm sooo sleepy eye!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Just wanted to pop over, can't believe Christmas is so close, i thought i was ahead of things, but all of a sudden i got behind. :-) Love your adorable owl.. i agree, we only hurt ourselves when we hang on and don't forgive... hugs my sweet friend

Carole Beath said...

Owls are a hoot and this one is absolutely precious, winking at me. Love it.
Carole

Kelly said...

Oh Sandi this is just as cute as can be. Very creative!

Anonymous said...

Sandi, that owl is a hoot! You never seem to be at a loss for creative ideas! Great use of your everyday office products.

DonnaMundinger said...

EEK! Adorable owl and the clip is such a cool and creative addition. xxD

Shawna said...

This is just so adorable!