Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Home is where the heart is.

I have been doing my morning exercises with PhotoShop, just haven't really printed anything out to work with, but decided to play with this one today..  I did the background using a mask by ViVa from their Penmenship kit at Scrapbook Graphics.  I used the mask at about 30% opacity in order to get the grey tone you see, if it were used 100% it would be coal black.  One of the wonderful things about the Cameo is that once you have your image, you are able to go in and do anything you want with it.  This bird house was one of the first designs I did on my own with the Cameo, it is simple, simple, simple, just some rectangles, circles and elipse.  Today I went in and changed the roof to polka dots with grey and black.  The stamp is from the Silhouette Library with some distressing.  The pink pink hearts from a Martha Stewart punch, I was playing with some of the new designer tape from "Scotch" laid a strip down on cardstock and then just punched.  I also used my fav. "Lori Whitlock" bow.  The best way for me to learn is to get the basics down first and then come in with the fills.  So slowly but surely I am getting there. Hope everyone is finished with the hustle and bustle and into the enjoyment of the season around them.  Hugs

6 comments:

1CardCreator said...

This is sweet Sandi, you are doing a good job of learning it all.

Anonymous said...

Sandi, you are just having WAY TOO MUCH FUN! I love the CAS design. That Cameo is awesome. I'm really hoping Santa brings me one :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Amazing creations you're doing with that machine! Really love the pops of hot pink here. xxD

Linda Kaiser said...

Adorable. I love everything about your project, especially the bow! Merry Christmas!

Linda

Carole Beath said...

I am in awe of your mastery of Cameo. This is just wonderful, that sweet little bird house. Love the sentiment. Merry Christmas dear friend.
Carole

Kim Dellow said...

Very cute, the colours work beautifully. Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Kim