Saturday, December 8, 2012

Chicken Scratch

Morning everyone, a couple of stories with my rip envelope for today.  Chicken scratch is slang for monies that were hard come by, for my Grandmother (maternal) who immigrated to America from Ireland in the early 1900s, it was change and small bills crammed into an old Folgers coffee can and shared sparingly.  For some reason I was thinking of her this morning and decided to embellish my envelope with a chicken in memory.  On to another short story, there is a small village/town a little south and east of where I live named Fair Oaks, it is known for its quaint houses and wonderful restaurants and one that is a blight and a blessing all in one, chickens roam freely on the streets, cars stop to let them pass and visitors feed and photograph them.  I have done many a photo shoot there and love to just sit and watch them.  So this morning I pulled up some of the photographs, took one to PhotoShop, extracted it and turned it into a print and cut to use with my Cameo.  The background is block with a basket weave frame I doodled with a sepia micron pen and added another little block with "A little chicken scratch for you".
Have you seen the Geico commercial about How Happy is She? Well, I am as happy as a witch in a broom factory, can you hear me laugh?  Have a great day and fun weekend.  Hugs

4 comments:

1CardCreator said...

I hear you laughing, lol. Love this and your chicken looks awesome!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I am so impressed with your amazing talent Sandi.. Hugs

DonnaMundinger said...

How cool that you used your own photo. Would love to visit you and we could check out Fair Oaks. Love this! xxD

Carole Beath said...

I hear ya.... I hear ya. I love the rooster...he's a beaut. And my dear cousin and family live in Fair Oaks.
Hugs
Carole