Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Art Journal Caravan - A month

I wanted to do a composite page of things that I have learned this month.  Most of my waking hours this month have been devoted one way or another to my art journal and PhotoShop.  Lol, I have questioned my sanity, my ability to learn and retain and most assuredly my ability to follow directions.  But as I get quiet and look at all that I have done and learned I am okay with myself, patience will not be one of the words on my tombstone, lol.

This is "Wren" an art doll from Rebecca McMeen at Scrapbook Graphics, she sits on a cloud pillow, waiting for the butterfly to tell her she is over Dover and it is time to jump, ROFL, life needed a little fantasy   This project ends my journey in the Port of Call - United Kingdom, next week we move on to another.

I have found a fab new way to extract items from a photograph, etc., thanks to my new friend Lynnise who sent me a fabulous tutorial link.  The butterfly is one of my photographs a few years ago of my marigold containers, he was a wonderful visitor.  I learned to make brushes, which is what set me off on this fantastic quest in the first place, I just wanted to learn how to make a brush so I could stamp my name and date on projects, ROFL, it is the simplest things that get you in the deepest waters. My name and date as well as the little cloud pillow Wren sits on are brushes created by me.  I have learned to do a drop shadow, which gives the elements their depth, that is an art form all on its own.  I have learned how to stylize and emboss alphas.
These are just a few of my new favorite things.  Hopefully at the end of the year I will be able to have a hearty belly laugh.  Hope everyone has a great day, hugs

3 comments:

1CardCreator said...

This is such a fun piece Sandi, love all that you did to get it here! ~Diane

Lisa Barrie said...

Hi Sandi, Congrats on diving into Photoshop. I felt exactly the same way when I started. It was so much information I thought I was never going to remember it all. but somehow with enough practice I've been able to swim in the deep end of the Photoshop pool. Hugs, Lisa

DonnaMundinger said...

Loving the whimsy of it all. You should be very proud of what you've accomplished. how fun! xxD