Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quote - Winston Churchill

This is my quote for the Art Journal Caravan.  The background paper is some shipping paper I received and have held onto because it is so different, it feels like an old egg carton just a lot thinner and the wrinkles are just wonderful, so I scanned it in and then took it to photoshop and played with some of the blending and shadow tools, it is one of my favorite backgrounds.  I used four different kits on this, all are from Scrapbook Graphics.  The ink spot "Tender Moment" by Lilas, the ink bottle, VJS "A Gentlman's Journey", the Latin block Tangie's "Beasties" oh how I love this kit and the hand and pen are from Viva "Penmanship".  I love this quote from Churchill, a strong man with a sense of humor is so appealing.  Have a great day, hugs

5 comments:

Loopylou. said...

oh wow sandi,it looks fabulous. I love how you can scan it and get such an awesome piece of art out of it.
huge hugs Lou xxx

mickeydee said...

This background is so cool. I love what you did with it. I love the quote. You are so artistic! hugs, dianne

Bonnie said...

Love that background Sandi! You always think of such neat ideas.

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous and amazed at how you did it! ~Diane

DonnaMundinger said...

AMAZING! Love how you see art in everything. (have you scanned your butt yet? OOps, that just slipped out. Youknow i love ya and am kidding, right? feel free not to post this if offended. LOL) Aside from that little slip, I love everything about this. xxD