Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Red Bag


I am truly making progress, it is so exciting when that happens, when things start to flow and every step is not a learning process.   The above is a hybrid journal page, which just means it is not completely digital, if you did not know.  I took a picture of my new red bag, took it to photoshop, extracted it and then took it to the Cameo to turn it into an image and cut it out.  I then did a tag, which says, "The quickest way for my purse to become a complete mess is with receipts, so I have made a carrier for them."  So onto the next part of this post.

Here is my receipt carrier.  My base consists of two pieces of chipboard adhered 3"X7", I then covered it with some printed paper and added some metal photo corners.  I have 3 holders, 2 are pockets with the insert cut on the diagonal, they are from the Shiloette Store and then a rip envelope with the top cut off, also from the Shiloette Store.  I then did 2 little word labels "receipts" and put my favorite little wish fairy from Dawn Inskip at Scrapbook Graphics and another word label "an organized bag is a happy bag", which can be taken in a couple of different ways, LOL.  I hope everyone is having a happy weekend. Hugs

7 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Love your progress Sandi, looks fab too! ~Diane

Loopylou. said...

oh sandi what a fabulous idea!!! I love the way you used your own bag and the little reciept holder is a great idea!! love it!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Carole Beath said...

Fabby.... I was mesmerized on how that red bag became part of the project. Love it.
Carole

eiyiyi said...

Love, love, love it. Especially the red bag! I have a definite "thing" for red bags and red shoes (and being organized). Are you sure we weren't separated at birth? Your progress is amazing as always. hugs, eileen

Shawna said...

What a great idea about a receipt holder! And I love the double entendre about an organized bag!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi sweet pea!!! I actually got an extra minute to visit!! I love this idea and my purse is exactly the same way! Thanks for the inspiration! I hope you had a wonderful holiday and your that the new year is being excellent to you and yours!!
hugs, Sharon

DonnaMundinger said...

Organized. A word that has no meaning in my world. LOL Great idea though, if I actually saved receipts. LOL I have a new red bag too that I happened upon in nearly the same way. A return. Serendipity! I LOVE red bags and your project rocks!! xxD