Monday, January 28, 2013

The Heavens and Stars

My big brother passed on Friday, peacefully in his sleep.  It was not totally unexpected, he had had a rough year and was 20 years older than I.  I meditated a lot on Friday and many prayers for his safe journey. I told him I loved him, shared favorite memories and asked him over and over to follow the light.  Friday night I lay my head to sleep but sleep was an elusive thing, I tossed and turned.  There was a feeling that there was something I was supposed to do.  So I got up and roamed a little and then decided to go outside and sit on the front patio for a while.  As soon as I opened the front door, I knew what it was I was supposed to be doing.  I turned around grabbed my camera and closed the front door behind me.  It was like stepping into a dream, a fairy tale, a place surreal with the most magnificent light, puffy clouds traveling through the sky, fast enough so that you could see them pass.  The light from the moon was bright, bright and the moon was encased like a jewel in the clouds.  The stars twinkled as I have never seen in the city.  I knew that my brother was telling me in his own way that he had found the light.  A new angel.

I used the photograph for our quote this week at Art Journal Caravan, because it was perfect. "The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists." Charles Dickens.

I pray all of you have a safe week filled with love and beauty. Hugs

9 comments:

Lynnise Bowman said...

Well, Phoey, Sandi, I didn't know the part about your brother passing. I'm really sorry to hear this, no wonder you weren't able to sleep, I'm sure it's been a sad few days for you. BIG HUGS!! :( Your layout is beautiful!

Jayne said...

Sorry for your loss Sandi.
Hugs
Jayne x

Loopylou. said...

oh hunny I am so sorry to hear of your brothers passing but what a totally beautiful way to think about him and I love the photo too.
Sending you huge hugs my lovely xxxxxx

Bonnie said...

Big hugs Sandi as you reflect on memories of your brother

mickeydee said...

I'm sorry to hear this news. What a beautiful moment you had with the thoughts of your brother. I hope your pain can lessen as time goes by and may the memories of your brother always be in your heart. sending hugs, dianne

eiyiyi said...

Deepest sympathy on the loss of your brother. What a lovely way to honor his memory. Your photograph is beautiful. Thoughts and prayers are with you. hugs, eileen

1CardCreator said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Sandi. The beautiful piece you have created will be a beautiful reminder for you. hugs, ~Diane

Lisa Barrie said...

I'm so sorry for your terrible loss Sandi. What a beautiful tribute you have created to your brother's memory.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Sandi, I'm so very sorry for your loss. The beautiful light of the heavens that you captured in your photo was surely a sign from him that he is happy. Wishing you peace and loving memories. xxD