Thursday, January 31, 2013

I am a Chair






Wow, wow, wow, Thursday?  Really?  I have had a busy busy week and yesterday had a wonderful coffee date with a dear friend.  We met at a local coffee house, this place is a lot of fun, with little seating areas here and there, sofas, some regular tables and this fabulous chair.  My friend fell in love with it first and kept saying "I want that chair", so I told her to take a picture, she already had.  We visited for so long, they should have charged us rent, lol.  She is also an Art Journaler, an all around creative and very talented woman, we have so much in common but our art is a special bond between us. We pour over magazines and stroll through our local craft store, we share items back and forth but most of all we inspire and support each other in every under taking.  How big a blessing is that?  So as our conversations meandered from this and that, we kept coming back to "The Chair" and then I had a wonderful idea, let's both take pictures of the chair and do a journal page entitled "I am a Chair", we put a time line of 7days to complete it (she has a house full of activity to work around) and when we are done we post it to our blogs.  This morning I woke with my ideas over flowing and ready for work.  It is a digi page and came together rather quickly.

The credits:  I used Lila's kit "Dried Lavender" from Scrapbook Graphics, all work was done in PhotoShop6.

Hope everyone is full and happy today, hugs

7 comments:

Kraftychick said...

A really fantastic project and a nice tribute to your friendship!

Jackie

eiyiyi said...

Fabulous! Your prose is as impressive and creative as your artistry. hugs, eileen

Loopylou. said...

oh thats such a sweet page hun, I love that it is centered around your friend too, thats just lovely.
huge hugs Lou xxx

Bonnie said...

A friendship like that warms the heart. You have such a way of looking at things that most people miss, you are a real treasure Sandi!

1CardCreator said...

Sweet friends Sandi, we all need them don't we. Beautiful poem for your beautiful loved chair. Thanks for sharing the story that went with it. ~Diane

Carole Beath said...

This is a fantastic card. I love the chair, and the words are to live by.
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

What a fabulous and fun idea! Sounds like a wonderful day and I love your page. xxD